question

pablomaril avatar image
pablomaril asked

Frecuency shift on a back up system.

Hello everyone, thanks a lot for let me have this question here.

I need to add some inverters on the output side of 3 x Multiplus II, working toghether as 1 single phase. 15kW total.

The system is working as a back-up/UPS only, and we need to add 3 inverters on the output side, so they feed in to the grid (while the grid is still on) and charge the batteries on Ac-Coupling (when the grid is down).

I have read about the "Assistant" and frecuency shift, but I what to verify all my procedure an intentions:

- Those are 3 inverters WHITOUT frecuency control, so they will have settings of 50.4Hz for inverter 1; 51Hz for inverter 2, and 51.4Hz for inverter 3.
- Each inverter has ~3kWp of PV.

- I have read this article: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:how_to_add_and_configure_an_assistant

If anyone has done this kind of system, please, any advice will be halpfull.

Thanks a lot from Argentina.

Pablo

ESSmultiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes i have done a couple of system now, Your grid tied inverters need to be setup into MG mode Microgrid mode, Frounis work very well so do SMA inverters.

You will need to set up the Victrons with VE Config to change grid settings and set up the assiantants to make this all work.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual