question

davidkw avatar image
davidkw asked

2 x quattro 5 KVA in series (master and slave). Charge the batteries with a 5 KVA petrol generator

I have 2 quattro 5 KVA in series (master and slave). We are off the grid and I would like to charge the batteries with a 5 KVA petrol generator via the quattros. Can I charge them via the master quattro whilst the inverted is providing electricity to the house or must I set the quattro to charge only?

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
tnt369 avatar image
tnt369 answered ·

A wiring diagram or photos of the installation would be helpful.

The quattros are normally connected in parallel. If this is the case, the AC1 input must also go to both quattros in parallel. When the generator is connected there, the battery is charged and the house is supplied.

To avoid overloading the generator, the input current should be set to a low value and then slowly increased until the generator reaches its maximum.

The current from the generator is used to power the house and what is left is used to charge the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.