question

Riaad Abdulla avatar image
Riaad Abdulla asked

Victron Multiplus II Product ID

Hi,

Is there any way I can tell the Product ID from the SN or PN? I have purchased a second Multiplus II unit to parallel and I want to make sure it's the same without opening the box (in case I need to return it). I am from South Africa.

Multiplus-II
9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Post both units part number and serial number and someone may then be able to answer you

0 Likes 0 ·
Riaad Abdulla avatar image Riaad Abdulla Paul B commented ·

Thanks @Paul B

Unit 1 (currently installed)

Part number = PMP482305010

Serial Number = HQ2009B6U7Q

Unit 2

Part number = PMP482305010

Serial number = HQ2110HCWS6

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Riaad Abdulla commented ·

On the box of my Multiplus II the hardware revision (hw rev) is also mentioned (on a small sticker, under the bigger one). Look for that, too.

Although with those two being manufactured 13 months apart (September 2020 and October 2021), they probably are not the same hardware revision.

Different hardware revisions might not necessarily mean they won't work in parallel, but I can't say either way. According to what I read, if the part numbers are the same, once you update them to the same firmware version, they should work in parallel. But I also read about some issues in such cases.

0 Likes 0 ·
Riaad Abdulla avatar image Riaad Abdulla seb71 commented ·
Thanks @Seb71 - I'll give it a try then
0 Likes 0 ·
Riaad Abdulla avatar image Riaad Abdulla Riaad Abdulla commented ·
It's strange that Victron don't make this easier... it shouldn't be too difficult to have a site where you enter PNs or SNs and it can compare and let you know compatibility
0 Likes 0 ·
Are both the same hardware revision?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @Seb71

Unfortunately the new unit doesn't seem to have a hardware revision sticker on the box or on the actual unit. I am not sure if you would know why that is?

The old currently installed unit has "hw rev 12C" listed on the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
I can't say if those two will work well in parallel or not.

Maybe someone else knows for sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks @Seb71 hopefully someone that works for Victron can check and confirm...
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The different hardware versions of the multiplus II had a different part number - so I would think you are fine. as both part numbers are the same.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
It's about hardware revisions (which have the same part number), not hardware versions (different part numbers).
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks @Paul B and @Seb71 - guess I will just have to roll the dice on this one...
0 Likes 0 ·