question

Josep morancho avatar image
Josep morancho asked

Multiplus 24V and 48v battery

I need to increase my battery capacity and i am thinking to replace my 24V acid lead battery bank by a 48V lithium batteries.

i can reuse my smartsolar 150/35 charges but i would also like to reuse my multiplus conpact 24/1200 inverter.

is there any way to reuse the inverter/charger? Perhaps with a 48/24 dc-dc converter?

thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It would be easier to connect two smaller 24V batteries in parallel. You already have all you need for 24V.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Josep morancho avatar image Josep morancho commented ·

which one 24V lithium battery would you recommend?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Josep morancho commented ·
Best ask around in your area.
0 Likes 0 ·
hainz74 avatar image
hainz74 answered ·

Its an old thread, but I have the same problem and im thinking about a unconventional solution.

Situation: MP2 24/3000 with 2600Wp mixed DC and AC-out1 (HM-1500); 2x 7,14kWh (JK-BMS)
Works perfekt! I prefer great Loads when Sun is shining and i can use the 1400W AC form Hoymiles directly. I try to avoid Loads from Battery over 1500W because bad efficiency.

SOLUTION. (I'm still thinking about)
I'm planing to buy a MP2 48/5000 GX and run a second ESS (all really Off-Grid!) with a DIY 14,3kWh Battery. This device creates an own Grid of course, which in can connect to my AC-IN of the 24V System. The complete Load is on the 24V ESS at AC-out1 and. The Power from 48V ESS is passing through.

Now I can easy limit the Grid-Input (from 48V ESS) at my 24 AC-in to about 2500W. If i need more Power at 24vAC-out1, it should easy come form the 24V battery or AC-coupled HM1500.

The great benefit is, that i don't have to sell my existing hardware. And if the 48V Battery is empty and I loose Grid at AC-in form 24V ESS, I have still a working 24V ESS as a Backup.

Please tell me, what are you are thinking about this! I have never read about such a setup. It can be seen as 24/48v Hybrid Battery-System or a Cascade of MP2. If there are some errors in my plan, let me know. I still have not bougt anything.

PS: Ihr könnt auch in Deutsch antworten, ich habe nur die Sprache dieses Thread aufgegriffen, falls der Ersteller seine Lösung gerne teilen möchte.

2 |3000