question

bargeman avatar image
bargeman asked

Lithium and Multiplus compact

While looking for something completely unrelated in my MultiPlus Compact (24/2000/50) manual I realized that there is no default lithium charging option on the dip switches. While my 5 year old agm 340 ah house bank is working just fine now, sometime in the near future I'm going to be switching over. What am I gonna have to do?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Buy a MK2 or MK3 Interface and use VE.config to set it up for lithium.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marc-kermoam avatar image
marc-kermoam answered ·

Hello Matthias, regarding your answer, it seems that we don't need a password to set the option "lithium" in a multiplus 12/2000/80.We need only to connect a MK3. could you please confirm ?

Thanks

Best regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
VE.config only asks for a password if you want to change the grid code more then once, all other settings are not password protected.
0 Likes 0 ·
kalusta avatar image
kalusta answered ·

I have a Victron Multiplus Compact and understand that I can program it via MK3 to fit with LIFPO batteries. How about the second DC output - can it still be used to charge a Lead starterbatterie or are the charging profiles the same for both DC outputs?

Thanks,

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
We had that topic a few times lately.

The trickle charge is not a second charging output it is just a connection to the main battery via a transistor.

The connection is always active and will drain the main lithium battery into the lead starter battery due to the higher voltage of the lithium battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anthony Kirkby avatar image
Anthony Kirkby answered ·

I have just changed to Lithium and have the VE bus to change the settings. I cannot do so as it is calling for a password!

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·