question

sjoste avatar image
sjoste asked

Multiplus restarts very often

Hi

I have a 12/3000 multiplus with ccgx and ve.bus bms.

The multiplus restarts every 6-8min as it is right now and logs the input AC to be down to 110V quite often (230V in the grid). But the multimeter says constant 230V in the grid when the multiplus shuts down....

It is very cold here right now if that can have anything to do with it, and the ac load on the multiplus is maximum 1800W...heating a boat

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Have you configured weak ac on and set the input current limiter correctly?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sjoste avatar image
sjoste answered ·

Hi yes, the low voltage to 180 and current to 16 (managed by bms, can't change in ccgx)

2 |3000

sjoste avatar image
sjoste answered ·

If I have low temp protection on the batteries (I dont know if I have), would the battery/bms turn off the multiplus completely or just the charging and passthrough grid power to the boat?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Will turn off the charging. Pass through should be unaffected.

Maybe check your shore power connections, galvanic isolator. Might be a transient shore power issue, might be the multi.

Maybe the battery has been supplementing shore when it's weak and now it's too cold/battery off so can't. Too many maybes

2 |3000

sjoste avatar image
sjoste answered ·

The galvanic isolator is near its power limit of 2000W, do the Victron Isolation Transformers automatically restart after an overload shutdown?? The manual says it is just shuts down...

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Don't know, sorry. But I'd go with what the manual says.
0 Likes 0 ·