question

vin avatar image
vin asked

Pairing New iPhone to BMV 712

Lost phone so cannot unpair. Downloaded app on new phone but it does not pair with the SmartBMV712. Others who have asked this were told to enter the PUK code. When and where do you add this code? When the Bluetooth Pairing Request is displayed ("Smart BMV HQ..." would like to pair with your phone. Enter the code shown on...Do not do anything on SmartBMV HQ..."until pairing is complete)? And since the PUK is alphanumeric, do you just use the number key for the appropriate alphabet? Thank you for your help.

@Thiemo Van Engelen

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There are other posts saying that Apple broke pairing and Victron can't fix, waiting for Apple to fix their side.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is no need to unpair other phones, that doesn't matter.

Don't use the phone menu to pair, only use VictronConnect.

The default PIN is 000000 (six zero) bit this only works if you never changed the PIN.

To reset the PIN with the PUK click on the three dots on the right side and select "reset PIN code". At the BMV the PUK is on the back of the monitor.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/connecting.html#UUID-a8177d17-8df0-58cb-8e60-f36c559ae974

2 comments
2 |3000

Fred Koontz avatar image Fred Koontz commented ·

I need to enter the PUK code but there are no 3 dots on the right side of the product description. Help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Fred Koontz commented ·
What device do you have?
0 Likes 0 ·
vin avatar image
vin answered ·

Thanks @Matthias Lange - DE,

When I get to the screen to enter PUK, there is a warning to first "remove bonding to phone". I presume this warning is to first unpair from the old (lost) device, but I obviously cannot do that. In fact, I had never changed the code from "000000" but the Victron app on the new phone still won't pair with the 712 with this code. Is it safe to just ignore this warning and continue with the reset? I am being overly cautious as I do not want to do anything that is irreversible...

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Have you allowed the Victron Connect app access to location under permissions?
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi

The unpairing needs to be done on the new phone and thus is not necessary when it has never been paired. So you can just continue with the pin reset.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
vin avatar image
vin answered ·

@klim8skeptic

There is no option to allow access to “location” only to “local network” and that permission is granted

2 |3000