question

hunter avatar image
hunter asked

How set up skylla i for charging lifepo4 cells?

I soon gonna install a pack of lifepo4 cells 24v 560ah and I got the victron mppt smart 250/60 mc4 that will charge it from solar. Then I have the skylla i 24/80 that I can charge the bank with from the diesel gen. I wonder how I must sett the skylla i and if the rec bms can control the skylla i to stop charging when the pack is full?! I know that I can configure the skylla i to lifepo4 but is it possible that the rec bms will controll the skylla i from the cerbo gx?! (The People at rec bms say so) And the last question is: the rec bms will controll a high/low volt disconnect but will the mppt take damage if the batterybank is disconnected from the mppt while it is taking in current from the solar array?
I Hope You understand what I mean

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hunter avatar image
hunter answered ·

Hello again i wonder why i dont get any answers or tips ? Maybe I are doing somerhing wrong like putting my questions at the wrong location at this site ?
thanks for tips

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rick-ogss avatar image
rick-ogss answered ·

From what I can see your REC BMS will be able to control your Skylla charger much the same way it interfaces with a Multiplus or Quattro. Everything goes through your Venus/Cerbo and if the BMS senses an abnormal cell condition it will send a message that will start limiting the output of your Victron charger and MPPT chargers, and override their normal control.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic