question

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj asked

Wiring of smart batteryprotect and phoenix inverter

I have 12v small loads hub (1A usb charger, 5W fan) connected directly to smart battery protect. Inverter is connected directly to battery, it runs refrigerator 24/7 on ECO mode.

Both inverter and battery protect have low voltage cutoff enabled at same value, as to protect battery from over-depletion. Is this correct?

How to wire my setup so i avoid this: (from inverter manual) "Do not use Dynamic Cut-off in an installation that also has other loads connected to the same battery: the battery voltage will drop because of the extra load, but the Dynamic Cut-off algorithm in the Inverter is not aware of that load: hence the Inverter will shut down too early with an under voltage alarm. " ?

wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JJ-O-JJ

Dynamic cut off is not wiring related but settings related.

In victron connect while connected to the inverter you switch off dynamic cut off.

screenshot-20211204-075424.jpg

You are correct to set your two appliances to the same value, if that is what you want.

Some people have them different as they set the inverter to cut off earlier and keep their 12v stuff running until the manufacturer low battery level is met. But it really does depend on if you want a load priority in your setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources