question

nicetrip avatar image
nicetrip asked

Orion 24/12 none isol. makes fizzling noise when switched on

hi, I am charging 400Ah lifepo4 through an Orion 24/12-70 none isolated. When I connect the load side or when the electronic battery isolator switches the Orions input 24V on with 12V connected, it makes a sound like something would melt away inside. Is this normal? No smell and it works so far.

Also the 24V input gets pulled down so much that the electronic battery isolator before the Orions 24V input disconnects and reconnects a few times. After a minute or so it stays connected and the Orion starts charging. Previously I had a Redarc DCBC 40A with 12-30V input and that one did not irritate the isolator switch.

Does anybody has the same experiences with battery isolators inline with the Orions and that sound?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I have a 24/12 , non isolated, non smart, but lower current. It's completely silent.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds faulty. Contact your supplier. Don't use.

1 comment
2 |3000

nicetrip avatar image nicetrip commented ·

Hi, thanks, do you have one installed? Are they completely quite when switched on?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic