question

simonnhardy avatar image
simonnhardy asked

Victron Quattro with lifepo4 batteries

Hi.

We have a Victron Quattro with Cerbo GX and Touch 50 display.

We were supplied with a ve.bus BMS but I think this will only work with Victron lifepo4 batteries which we don’t have ? We have Winston/Sky Power battery bank 600ah at 12v.
Do we have a need for the Mains detection that came with the ve.bus BMS ?

We were also supplied with a 220A Smart battery protect which I’m assuming goes on the positive of the DC loads, but do I not connect the remote as all the diagrams I see have it connected to the ve.bus BMS ?

We also have a Victron Battery monitor with 500A shunt which will go on the negative side of the battery bank before any loads, where should the Victron Solar MPPT controller be connected to and how does that connect to the Cerbo GX

I’m just a bit confused with the logic of ve.bus and the normal Ethernet conctions like the one from the Quattro to the Cerbo GX

Thanks in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@simonnhardy

The ve bus bms is designed for the victron batteries specifically. I assume your battery bank has its own bms, so leave that to handle charging balancing etc. Then you dont needs mains detection since you aren't using it.

Each of the products has a manual, if you follow the instructions you will be fine.

The cerbo has a connection overview picture with all the information you need.

Mppt to cerbo is the ve direct cable to ve direct port.

The quattro is ve bus to ve bus port.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.