question

crockers avatar image
crockers asked

BB 270 lithium battery and multiplus compact 2000

Hello all. I'm new to building DC/AC setups. I'm trying to design a electrical system for a campervan. the van will be used mainly as a weekend or week long adventure van hauling bikes, backpacks, kayaks that we want to camp and cook out of. Trying to keep it sort of simple. Is a single battleborn game changer 270 ah lithium battery enough battery for a victron multiplus compact 12/2000? The main ac draws would be the smaller instant pot and a small one burner induction stove. Wouldnt plan on cooking real elaborate meals or cook for long periods of time.

Other DC draws are fan, lights, small fridge, chargers for cell phones, battery monitor, and maybe vent fan for composting toilet.

I am planning on charging with 2 b2b chargers and may add solar later but for now either shore or alternator.

Is one battery enough would I need at least two batteries in parallel (trying to keep it to 12v) to keep the inverter happy. Thanks for your feedback. Cheers

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The battery can handle 300A continuously (500A peak) and the 2000VA Multi has a continuous power of 1600W @ 25°C (3500W peak) which are 133A (290A).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.