question

krzysiek-zdrojewski avatar image
krzysiek-zdrojewski asked

600V solar array

So I have an existing 600v solar panel array and is there a way to connect it to an mppt solar regulator? I was thinking like three 250/100 controllers in series, is that possible?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I don't think this will work and if it will work it is not official supported.
I think you should split the array into 2x300V and use a MPPT RS that can handle up to 450V.

https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers/smartsolar-mppt-rs-450-tr

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

krzysiek-zdrojewski avatar image krzysiek-zdrojewski commented ·
I don't have an option to split the array so I need to find a different option
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ krzysiek-zdrojewski commented ·
There is no Victron product you can use for that.

So you have to look for other brands MPPT or PV inverters (they usually can handle much higher voltages).

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange krzysiek-zdrojewski commented ·

Why not use a Fronius inverter linke the Symo ... that can handle up to 800V PV peak

They can communicate with Victron products out of the box

Then you can always continue with a Multi or similar Product from Victron

0 Likes 0 ·
krzysiek-zdrojewski avatar image krzysiek-zdrojewski netrange commented ·

That's not a bad idea, I already have an grid tie inverter installed but I don't know if it is compatible with victron. The inverter is Selfs brand so if anyone has experience with those inverters please help me out

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange krzysiek-zdrojewski commented ·

You could run your existing inverter on the AC output of a Multi II ... the only thing that matters here is the ability of the frequency shift to limit power or something like that

A communication as such exists at the moment only with Fronius ... everything else via Modbus RTU or Canbus etc. GX controller with large OS and NodeRed would also still be possible ...

0 Likes 0 ·