question

Josep morancho avatar image
Josep morancho asked

Battery voltage drops when 22'4V is reached

i have a off-grid installation with: 2x250Ah gel batteries in seriel configuration, 1 multiplus compact 24/1200/25 inverter, cerbo gx, MS sunsaver mppt. My installation does not have load peaks but a constant load of around 70Wh

normally the batteries keep at full charge and battery voltage use to be at 25V but when I have more than 2 continous cloudy days when solar panels can not charge batteries, i experience the following behaviour. As load is constant the battery voltage is decreasing slowly and when after 2 days reach 22'4V, then drops almost instantly 2 volts, from 22'4 to 20'4, and then continue decreassing slowly as before.

As the batteries are only 6 momths old, i think that the issue is related with inverter configuration.

Any idea about the root cause of this behaviour and solution?

thanks

53457287-4D0D-4BFD-BC02-CC06A55714AC.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Did you check the balance on the batteries? Both should have an identical voltage.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Josep morancho avatar image Josep morancho commented ·
No i haven't. I will do. Thsnks
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Josep morancho commented ·

It's worth checking after the drop and before, also when fully charged. If they're out of balance, consider a battery balancer, , but it might be that one has been damaged by the out of balance.

0 Likes 0 ·