question

d3-energy avatar image
d3-energy asked

Strange behaviour Multiplus when switching between positions 1 and 2

Watching YouTube videos of the Off-Grid Garage has inspired me to start an energy transition - also for my garage. Once the system works, I want to systematically add new rooms to the house.

Installed (test setup)

- 3 x Multiplus II in a 3-phase setup
- 1 x Cerbo GX
- 1 x Energy meter ET340
- 8 x Pylontech 3000C Batteries

1 x SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/200-Tr is still on the way to direct the energy from solar panels to the battery.

First I had installed the ESS assistant. But when I noticed that battery power was being sent to the grid, I removed it again. I don't want to send energy back to the grid.

Node-Red

I have installed Venus OS Large on the Cerbo to use victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron . I have also added node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket, so that I can have the sensor readings from eg the grid: when is peak and off-peak rate.

flow.png

Based on this value, I make a choice in the test flow between switch position 1 (only charger) and switch position 2 (only inverter).

• If I go from position 2 to 1, then the first Multiplus cuts out (master, phase 1). This causes AC-OUT1 to cut out for about 30 seconds, after which the Multipluses go to switch position 1.
  • If I go from position 1 to 2, the last Multiplus drops out (phase 3). Here too, AC-OUT1 cuts out for about 15 seconds, after which the Multipluses go to switch position 2.
  • I can also take position 3 instead of switch position 2. If I then go from position 3 to 1 or from 1 to 3, then there is no problem. There is always a transition without interruption for AC-OUT1.

There are no error messages, except when the first Multiplus cuts out: #1 device switched off. There is no error number for reference.

Question

What could be the reason that the Multipluses stop working for a while during a transition between positions 1 and 2? Is this normal behaviour? Or could this be due to the lack of an assistant in the Multiplus? The settings for grid, inverter and battery have been set correctly.

Maybe one more small note: I use 220V for AC-OUT when converting. AC IN is 230V. I have lowered AC-OUT to avoid current flowing back to the grid?

Thank you very much for your opinion.

If additional information is required, I will be happy to provide it.

Multiplus-IIchargergrid
flow.png (55.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic