question

hugo-gerber avatar image
hugo-gerber asked

Multiplus AC disconnect

I have a Multiplus 3kv that disconnects from AC even though it is withing set AC input parameters. Firmware has been upgraded but made no difference. The AC does fluctuate on site but within parameters. Have been tested by distributor and found nothing wrong when testing on bench although I dont think the AC fluctuates on bench. What could this be?

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Hugo Gerber

A higher resistance incoming connection can cause this.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try turning UPS mode off (you need a mk3 to usb unit to do this) or add a GX unit for monitoring via the vrm so that you can see the ac in voltage levels. otherwise a screen shot of all the settings in the mutliplus using the Mk3 unit and Ve Configure software.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hugo-gerber avatar image hugo-gerber commented ·

Hi @Paul B I have a GX installed on the site. I have noticed in South Africa we have loadshedding where power gets switched off in certain areas. This site is not affected by loadshedding but the site disconnects during this time which might be causing the voltage fluctuation on site. But as mentioned it is still in the acceptable range and this does happen on numerous sites of mine.

Regarding the UPS setting I have to have it on. It keeps my clients telecommunication network up and running and needs to act as an UPS. I have 12 other setups exactly the same as this one for the same client and no other site is experiencing this problem.

I have changed mains sources as it was running through a generator which I assumed caused the problem but after changing to a direct connection to mains the problem persists.

0 Likes 0 ·
hugo-gerber avatar image hugo-gerber commented ·
Any further advise possibly Paul on how this can be prevented?
0 Likes 0 ·
hugo-gerber avatar image
hugo-gerber answered ·

2ff45042-bae7-4138-a773-3337edd526d4.jpegSo this problem is still persisting. Not sure if it is a wrong setting but have never seen a system that gets voltage but no watts.

2 |3000