question

andy-werczyk avatar image
andy-werczyk asked

Victron Multiplus II 48V 5k install with Fronius Symo and 3P grid. Perth WA Australia

Hello Community,

I have come to the point where I can not find a solar installer or sparky to ,install my new Multiplus II.
I have decided to do it myself, ( I have no option )

I live in the Perth Metropolitian area of Australia. Is anyone here that can do this job ?

could someone please send me a wiring diagram of how I parallel of the Fronius inverter to the Victron for charging and how I run off the Victron
to GPO's with out it going via the distribution board. victron install help.pdf
Therefore it will be off grid and I can do it myself, I think ?

Or any other way I can make this work without buying more solar panels.

Please see attached documents and pictures to see what I have, and want to do, which is basicly -
  • 3 phase house from grid
  • Sonnenschein Solar block batteries x16, 200ah 6V = 48V
  • 5kw Fronius Symo
  • 16x 400W Sunpower maxeon 3 pannels
  • Victron Multiplus II 5kw inverter/charger
The Solar panels and Symo inverter are already set up, installed and certified. I have the batteries connected in series parallel to give 48V,
the Multilplus is mounted ready to wired up. File is above and attached with pictures and documents.

victron install help.pdf

All I want to do is use the Solar to charge the batteries through the day using the Symo, then at night run house lights and GPO from the batteries.

Please help
Kind Regards
Andrew

andrew_werczyk@hotmail.com

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basil katakuzinos avatar image basil katakuzinos commented ·
The Multiplus is a single phase inverter so you would have 3 phase solar with a single phase bacup through the victron. You will need to have a sparkey wire all the essential loads to one phase and then put that phase on your backup. Fronius must be behind the inverter i believe in this configuration as I doubt it will function correctly with one phase from the victron during an outage.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
The above sugestion that you put all esential loads on one phase should work ok. as I would think that your main Item that would use 3 phase is the stove/overn or water heater as a guess and then some elements would still work. but if you have ANY 3 phase motors then you would need to isolate these during a power outage -

of note is that latter on you could add another 2 inverters to make a full 3 phase system.

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-werczyk avatar image andy-werczyk Paul B commented ·
Thank you for those respones, I intend to run GPO and lights off the batteries at night. I have some other questions after an electrician came out to install but could not because he was not able to know off single line diagrams what wires went where,

Do i need to run a LAN cable between the Fronius and Victron for them to communicate ?

Does the (AC in) on the Victron come directly from the Fronius ?

Does the (AC out ) on the Victron power my GPO's and lighting circuits using 6mm twin and Earth.

Lastly does anyone know an installer in Perth Metro area Australia who can do this job for me, ?

Thank you,

andrew_werczyk@hotmail.com

0 Likes 0 ·