question

jcottis avatar image
jcottis asked

MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-32 and MPPT Power Calculations

Hi, could someone tell me what is going on here, I seem to be producing enough power through PV however my DC Power figure is so high when my normal DC loads are very low, it seems the Multiplus is drawing from the battery for inverting, I am not sure why it isn't just using all the PV power available without having to draw on the battery?

1637014813885.jpeg

Multiplus-II
1637014813885.jpeg (15.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

That looks right. sum of ~500W ac loads, 225W dc loads and charging battery at ~260W sums up to the ~1020W the PV is producing. Are you suggesting that your DC loads aren't shown correctly?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jcottis avatar image jcottis commented ·

Thanks Mike Dorsett my DC loads are not that high, it seems most of the DC load is actually the inverter load on the battery, why isn't it drawing from the PV instead?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

How much is actually going to the bow thruster battery and starter battery? Probably quite a bit of the imbalance.

1 comment
2 |3000

jcottis avatar image jcottis commented ·

Thanks kevgermany that is a Phoenix Smartcharger connected via VE Direct, the charger wasn't actively charging the bow thruster or start battery as they were fully charged, it would normally show the volts and amps if they were actively charging.

0 Likes 0 ·