question

baxter2021 avatar image
baxter2021 asked

Settings battery voltage with APP for BMV-712 smart

Hi, first - my english is not good but I hope I can describe my problems.

I have the BMV 712 Smart using for a LiFePO4 180AH battery in my caravan. I am not an expert and do not know how I have to choose the settings useful. I use the Victron App. A voltage of 13.27 V is displayed. How do I useful set the values under Alarm for "Soc low", Alarm "Voltage low" and Alarm "voltage high"? Under starter battery a votage of 5.80V is displayed. This value was at beginning of installation by 6,8 V and goes down to 6,32V, now it is to 5.8 V. I have only the one battery, no other battery like a starter battery. where does the value come from and what did it tell me?

Thanks for help! Jochen

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There are quite a few Victron apps. You should use Victron connect.

Once it starts click on local. If you're lucky it finds the BMV and displays an icon for it. Click on that. When it opens, in top right is a cog wheel. That gives you access to the settings.

Under settings alarm you can set the voltages.

Under settings misc you will find aux input. Probably set to starter. Set it to none.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baxter2021 avatar image
baxter2021 answered ·

Hi, I am using Victron connect. Sorry, but I was not clear. My question is not how I can make settings, but which are the right one for my battery. For example 13.27 V is displayed. Which is the useful setting for the values under Alarm for "Soc low", Alarm "Voltage low" and Alarm "voltage high.

Your tip with the settings under misc is right. I changed it to temperature, it works.

Please have a look on my attachement. Do you think my settings for alarm values are useful? And what alarm values are useful for the batteryscreenshot-20211115-224145.jpg?

2 |3000