question

justin-dillon avatar image
justin-dillon asked

Victron Buck boost low input voltage. Will not turn on. Need help.

Hi. This is my first post. I have a Victron Buck boost 50 amp and the buck boost is not turning on. I went into the TSConfig software and the input voltage is at 0.7 volts. I checked my aux battery and the battery has 12.8 volts. I am running a 4 gauge positive and negative wire (8feet long )from my starter battery to the buck boost. Please let me know what you think and what I can do. Thanks.

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
tom-dv avatar image
tom-dv answered ·

Can you post a screenshot of your settings in TSconfig here?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tom-dv avatar image
tom-dv answered ·

It looks like there is no voltage arriving from the starter battery. (0,7V) Is there a fuse or a switch in between? Can u check the incoming voltage with a tester?

2 |3000

justin-dillon answered ·

83c5af58-d5d0-46ad-b574-fb50520453d5.jpeg

Here is a screenshot of the tsconfig

2 |3000

justin-dillon answered ·

There is a 100 amp breaker between starter between starter battery and buck boost.

1 comment
2 |3000

hoeymick avatar image hoeymick commented ·

Hi Justin,

Hope you are able to help. I have had a Victron Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter fitted, however I cannot get into the TSConfig, we have tried now on several laptops as well as new leads, checked for drivers etc, without success. Also, when I start the engine my alternator light stays on, suggesting no charge. I am beginning to wonder if it has been installed correctly. I have a blue flashing light and a green flashing light on the converter. As you will quickly tell I am not au fait, with this sort of thing.

I have two alternators one for the starter battery the other for the leisure batteries which is a BARRUS 240AMP 12V alternator and 4 Victron LiFePO4 200ah batteries.

Thank you in anticipation

Mick

0 Likes 0 ·