question

micromike avatar image
micromike asked

Can Both 120 Power Legs of a Generator connect to the two AC inputs of The quattro

Have one 7kw generator that is 120/240 volt with each leg putting out half the power. To utilize the Full power of the generator on a quattro 48/5000/70 120v can I connect one 120v generator leg to the first AC input on the quattro and the other generator Leg to the second AC input of the quattro to deliver the full 7Kw to the quattro. Will it use both AC legs together or would they be out of phase and just cancel. The other option is would I have to use Two quattro 48/3000/35 in parallel and hook one generator let to each one.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

NO you cant connect one leg to ac 1 in and the other too ac 2 in. on a 120v unit

so you would need to buy a secound 120v quattro to do that and you would need to set them up correctly as well NOT in parallel - there are other settings to use in the configuration

for the price difference I would recommend that you consider 2 x 48v 5000 quattros OR if you do not have grid power and NEVER will then maybe 2 x Multiplus 48/5000 or 3000s would suit, these are a lot cheaper and only have one ac input

the 5000s are better as it would allow you greater output on each leg and more power support if required

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.