question

stuart0801 avatar image
stuart0801 asked

INVERTER 'RED" Alarm Fault

We have a 24 V / 2000 VA / 50 Hz MultiPlus Compact inverter which has worked perfectly for 2 years now. Suddenly 2 days ago it has not gone into inverter mode when we have a mains failure and the "red" alarm light just stays on permanently. When the mains are on the charging light is on and flashes. I have checked the DC output fuse and it is perfect still. Ive checked the battery no-load voltage which is 26V DC. However i did notice when i turned off the mains this battery voltage dipped to 17V Dc briefly before the "red" alarm light came on again and there was no output from the inverter again. I checked and there is no sign and no smell of anything burning. Can you advise what the fault might be. I should advise that i suspected the batteries - but until 2 days ago the inverter was able to run our full house lighting load , plus TV and WiFi easily for 2 hours so im not sure its suddenly the batteries. Any advise will be appreciated.

alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds like battery failure. The dip to 17V is causing the inverter to cut out and then the alarm comes on for low battery voltage. Flashing charge light means inverter seed batteries as full. Dead batteries can reach fully charged voltage very quickly as the capacity has reduced over time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic