question

guy-cashmore avatar image
guy-cashmore asked

Multiplus-II GS, ESS stuck in Passthru mode

Afternoon, first post, please be gentle! Also my first ESS installation but lots of past experience with Multis.

I have a brand new Multiplus-II GS installed with Rolls lead batteries, connected to mains on the input side (only) to make a simple parallel ESS system using an existing grid tie PV system. Current sensing is by the specific MultiPlus-II external CT (Part no CTR110000550) which is located right next to the billing meter. Isn't anything else on the system.

On remote console all looks good, today it's sunny and the 'energy blobs' are moving to the left:

1636028650547.png

If I switch on a 2kW kettle it looks like this, blobs moving right:

1636028765343.png

I've tried everything as far as I can understand listed in Q4 of the ESS manual regarding the passthru issue, including temporarily disabling LoM, I've also unticked the 'Use Aux1 (if available) as disable FeedIn signal' in the grid code settings.

How do I diagnose what is holding it in Passthru mode?

Hopefully someone can make me look dim here, what have I done wrong chaps?

Thanks, Guy

Multiplus-II
1636028650547.png (201.8 KiB)
1636028765343.png (202.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

... Could you please post some pictures of your "ESS Configuration" in the Remote Console ...

The Multi uses the external PV to power up your Critical Loads ... Perfect ... If you disconnect the AC in ... then the crirical Load will be powered by the Battery ... That is what ESS Configuration is made for ...

You cold also try, to connect your existing PV System to the Output of your Multi ... In case of a Black Out ... the PV Inverter won´t shut down ... In Case of the existing AC Power on the AC Out ...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

guy-cashmore avatar image guy-cashmore commented ·
Thanks, it was indeed an ESS config issue, I actually found the issue just before reading your comment, very simple fix, just my inexperience really :)
0 Likes 0 ·