question

grasshouse avatar image
grasshouse asked

12v 100a only charging 95%

First charge 100%
second charge starting at 43% but after 18hrs charging the battery only shows 95% when the 12v30a (3) ip22 is in the storage mode

Is this normal- I’ve read that fully charging lithium ion to 100% isn’t good anyway

Is this a limit for the lithium battery mode or should I be getting 100% on my battery

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Grasshouse

Storage mode is a lower voltage than bulk/absorption and float. So technically it is at a lower soc.

Is the soc coming from the battery?

It should have reached 100% during or at the end of the absorption phase in the charge cycle, then the voltage would have dropped back down again.

Fyi when the battery is at 100% the cells are not at 100% of their full potential. The manufacturer of the bms has made sure you are not using the full voltage range of the installed cells. So as an end user the 100% issue is not really something to stress about.

You do however need to make sure it is top end balancing by getting to the bulk/absorption voltage that is recommended by the manufacturer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.