question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Multiplus 12/3000-120-16 will not turn on again after you turn it off

I have a new install multiplus 12/3000/120/16 (1 mth old now)

This issue is that if you turn the Multi off using its rocker switch on the multi then it will not turn back on when the rocker switch is put back in the on Position.

Temporary solution is to removed /unplug the CCGX VE bus cable and it turns on and you can then replug in the VE Bus and all works fine.

but this is not a very professional solution.

This is getting the customer very annoyed

does anyone have any solution or a better work/around

Equipment list

Multiplus 12/3000-120-16 F/W 433

CCGX F/W 2.23

VE-BMS

using Lithium assistant with 1 circuit BMS

5kW of CalB LP Batteries

8 x EV power BMS cell balancers connected to the VE-BMS

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Not a real answer - but a work-around -might- be a digital multi control panel. With the disadvantage you can't use the Venus to switch the unit anymore.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

yes I agree however the front on off charge switch should always work.

and we have already lost the venus switch and current control because a VE BMS was installed.

Not satisfactory really

0 Likes 0 ·
charliep avatar image
charliep answered ·

I have suddenly found the same issue. The unit will turn on and off through the ccgx, but if you use the switch then it won't turn back on and you have to disconnect the ve. Bus.

Did any proper solution arise for this?

2 |3000

Tim from Eat Sleep Van avatar image
Tim from Eat Sleep Van answered ·

Sorry for a years later reply but I originally had this problem when installed with a non-shielded ethernet cable to my colour control panel. Switching to a CAT6 shielded cable fixed the problem. Weirdly this has just become a problem for me again after 2 years of problem free usage.

2 |3000

jboynes avatar image
jboynes answered ·

We had this issue in a system with a Multiplus, VE.Bus BMS and CCGX when the CCGX was connected to the "Remote" input on the BMS. Solution was to connect the CCGX directly to the Multiplus.

2 |3000