question

pauloreilly77 avatar image
pauloreilly77 asked

Will Victron inverters be approved for Stand Alone in Australia

Hi Victron,

Can you please clarify your letter stating that Victron Inverters will drop off the CEC approved inverter list after December 18 2020?

You state this is due to difficulty complying with AS 4777.2 2020

Non compliance with AS 4777 should only effect Grid connected Multimodal inverters ie. multiplus 2

Non compliance with AS 4777 does not effect accreditation of Victron inverters as "Stand alone inverters with AC Generator Input"

Will you be seeking accreditation of Multiplus and Quatro inverter/chargers under this Stand Alone CEC Inverter category? If so when do you expect this accreditation to be complete?

Please clarify ASAP as this directly effects Australian Installers of your product?

Kind Regards Paul

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

phil baxter avatar image phil baxter commented ·

Did anyone get a response to this question?

I saw that Selectronic and Ingeteam are both on the approved 'off grid' section of the CEC list and one of the Selectronic SP PRO is on the grid connect approved list.

My understanding is that it doesn't prevent us from using Victron products, it just means we can't claim STC's

It would be good to have some clarification from Victron

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Paul,

yes, we'll register the MultiPlus-II and the larger model Quattros with the CEC as "stand alone inverter with generator input - battery only".

I don't know how long it will take, usually not too long, ie weeks.

For any more information, its best is to contact either a distributor or one of our Australian Sales managers.

All the best, Matthijs

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pauloreilly77 avatar image pauloreilly77 commented ·
Thanks Matthijs,

That is great news we love using victron's product range for our off-grid customers in Australia.

cheers Paul

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Myatt avatar image Craig Myatt pauloreilly77 commented ·
Hi Matthijs, any update on timing of CEC approval?
0 Likes 0 ·
damovic avatar image damovic commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) can you clarify, your stament, "stand alone inverter with generator input - battery only" Is this stating that a diesel generator will not be compliant?

Can you provide me with a link to the letter stating that the multiplus will not be grid connect compliant?

I am proceeding with quotes, orders, installation on multiple off grid and grid connect systems and quickly need to know how I proceed.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Myatt avatar image Craig Myatt commented ·

Hi Matthijs, any update on timing of CEC approval for the Multiplus range off-grid?

0 Likes 0 ·
aussiesparkie avatar image aussiesparkie Craig Myatt commented ·
Hi Matthijs,

When you say 'larger model' will this include the Quattro 24/8000?

Thanks,

Israel.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rod Krempaszky avatar image
Rod Krempaszky answered ·

Only Australia retards inverters with grid connection with reduction to operation with function lost at a level of useless to end user, never seen with any other country grid connection settings.

Victron decision to not certify to this standard requires you who sell renewables to think why not?

Full retard offered in 4777:2020 by Australia only. A win for mining coal and uranium in Australia if you buy shares in these industries and for those who are paid to control standards affecting renewables for end users benefit to invest.

Zero export with battery systems and zero export GT is the key, end user gets 100% of their investment with load reduction on their property. Feed in tariff incentive in AU was once the key that made this industry boom, time to shift from this. NZ offers 8 cents without government incentives. Other countries actually pay the same or more than the grid supply price and encourage sharing power across the network... (Not anything in scale in AU or NZ. Sonnen have tried in AU with their model that works in Europe, you get a free system. Look it up).

Lines mandated to max 6% above 230vac. 4777:2020 above 246v here in NZ the inverter is now set to 20% production offset maximum with 80% from grid to feed property loading. Lines tap feeders to upper 6% to ensure shareholders investment with Lines is profitable, no renewables offsetting grid allowed. Why buy or sell renewables?

Time to wake up renewables sector vs coal sector mandating stupid with controlling private sector equipment with CEC approval list and Standards with interactive grid controlling connections. The cancer is rife in the system we now call 4777:2020 and we are asked to smoke more cigarettes as the reward.

Refund as systems are useless is the next wave with renewables with grid connection under 4777:2020. Burn more coal and rub sticks for fire appears the census with standard imposed.

Why not zero export renewables and only use grid for high load/ bad weather/battery charging in the standards? 4777:2005/2015/2020 incremental retard is clearly seen.

Why not set your Victron systems to Intentional Island mode setting instead? Zero export and uses the grid like a generator set instead. Victron certificates are valid for Intentional Island mode.

Alternative with Victron falling into the abys is more crap solar systems with cheap and short life inverters flooding the market as seen now, so expect more of this to follow as lead by standards.

2 |3000

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I just looked at the listing below and noted: and does not include MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-32 in the UPS Mulitple Mode Inverter- Battery Only

this inverter is very capable and the one I use for a number of reasons.

I too am surprised by Victron's none inclusion in AS4777:2020 of the top inverters Quatro and MulitPluss II, after a number of installations in Australia over a period of time. Does this mean then the existing inverters will be stuck on AS4777:2:2015?

From the CEC web page

UPS Multiple Mode Inverter - Battery Only

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50
MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32
MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX
MultiGrid 48/3000/35-50
MultiGrid 24/3000/70-50

Model Number Certificate Number Series Type Approval Date Expiry Date Number of Phases Rated AC Output (VA) Integrated PV Isolator Integrated PV Isolator EESS Registered Inverter Grid Settings Access Method
MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 SAA181339 MultiPlus-II 15/11/2019 18/12/2021 1 5000 NA No -
MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 SAA181339 MultiPlus-II 15/11/2019 18/12/2021 1 3000 NA No -
MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX SAA181339 MultiPlus-II 15/11/2019 18/12/2021 1 3000 - No -
MultiGrid 48/3000/35-50 SAA162783 MultiGrid 22/02/2017 18/12/2021 1 3000 NA No -
MultiGrid 24/3000/70-50 SAA162783 MultiGrid 22/02/2017 18/12/2021
7 comments
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

Just install a Grid relay that is complaint to get around the AS/NZS4777-2020 ruling.

Tele NA003 has a relay that will be compliant for the AS/NZS 4777-2020 ruling. They are updating their relays now and will be availble this month for sale.

As i have few system to install this year that will be quoted using Victron Mulitplus2 inverters, as they are the best out there for what they do and operate etc.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
Closed Loop Energy Systems NZ avatar image Closed Loop Energy Systems NZ Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

That's music to my ears! I have a Multiplus2 which I'm hoping to use soon and a few days ago reaslied it is non-compliant with the new standard coming into effect. If the Tele relays are a viable workaround for grid connection then that is a relief!

Do you have a supplier lined up for these? I see they're a 3 phase unit.. Do you know if they'll operate correctly in a single phase configuration?

Kind regards,

Ben

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Closed Loop Energy Systems NZ commented ·
Hi Ben

They will work either on either single phase or 3 phase systems.

Mardag is the supplier in NZ, they have older units which can be programmed to the new AS/NZS 4777-2020 standards. I have that data to do that etc.

There is a nother way around this is call them UPS inverters and if are using a grid tie like a Froinius that will comply, do it separately Also note that the AS/NZS 4777-2020 is not ratified yet so the current inverters are still compliant, Their is some work being done be the SEANZ as a work around etc.?

Regards

Rob D

Rotorua

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
casper avatar image casper Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm that the Tele NA003 will now need to sit in front of the Quattro or Multiplus 2 in order for these units to be allowed to connect to the grid? I would also like to install a Fronius Primo on the AC out.

On the following website:

https://www.ea.govt.nz/operations/distribution/distributed-generation/update-of-inverter-standard-to-asnzs-4777-22020/

it does state the following:

"adopting AS/NZS 4777.2:2020 as the new inverter standard for connecting SSDG under Part 1A would not prevent a distributed generator with an inverter that conforms to a different inverter standard from connecting SSDG using the application process under Part 1 of Schedule 6.1"

Does this mean that technically the Quattro and Multiplus 2 can still be grid connected but need to follow a different process?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie casper commented ·
Hi Casper

Correct by using the Tele NA003 in front of the inverters is fine as will get the past the stilly rules. There are changes to happen i believe about this ruling the SEANZ is looking in to this, as the demand for this type system is big and it works realy well as i have installed a few Victron inverters to date befoer the ruiling came out.

The Victrons are still safe inverter for grid connections and comply with rest of the world except Aussie and NZ Note it has not be ratifed for NZ yet only Aussie. Big coal has a influence in this as well, they dont want it solar?

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
casper avatar image casper Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi Rob, Thanks for the info. Would you be able to share the link of the exact product that you are talking about on the Mardag website? That way I know what product to look for. Cheers
0 Likes 0 ·