question

carlos-colasanti avatar image
carlos-colasanti asked

Multiplus II simple configuration

Good Morning,

I have just bought a Multiplus II 48/3000/35, Venus Gx, solar panels, controller Mppt of another brand, and economic batteries of 180 ah capacity.

It is my first time that I configure such a system; I have read a lot on the Victron website and seen several tutorials on YouTube from Victron, and try to configure the Multiplus with the Self consume Hub 2 function of the Assistant.

I would like to ask a simple question:
Can I simply configure the Multiplus II to work as an inverter while the battery has a voltage higher than 48 Vdc, when going down from this value it passes to deliver AC voltage from the grid, and when returning the battery to a voltage of 51 Vcc, it works again as an invverter?
How I can do that? At the moment I do not want to use the grid for any other function !! Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Best regards,
Carlos from Argentina

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes no problem, you don't need Hub or ESS assistants for that also.

You basically set the charging current to 0 A to prevent it from charging, and use an assistant (generator relay assistant is easiest) to (dis) connect the grid (ignore AC-in)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carlos-colasanti avatar image
carlos-colasanti answered ·

Thank you a lot Boekel. I just have done your recomendation. I looking for the results. I will comment soon. Best regards

2 |3000