question

wesley-corbet avatar image
wesley-corbet asked

3 Phase Quattro, ESS and Gen set on AC IN 2

Hi,

I have recently installed a 3 Phase on-grid ESS system using 3 x Quattro 10's with back-up 33KVA 3 phase diesel Gen set. The issue I am having is the system does not accept any current from the gen set despite the gen voltage being present on the AC input 2 terminals of the Quattro's, AC In 2 being programmed for Generator in the GX (AC Input 1 is grid) and having the grid voltage, AC In 1 turned off.

I switched the 3 Quattro's to charger only with gen on and grid off, no luck there.

I tried most things suggested previously on the community also with no luck.

Whilst onsite, I did change the grid code from AS4777 to "Other Not compliant to any grid code standard", I suspected the strict grid settings for AC Input 1 (grid) might also be active for AC Input 2 (gen set) and the charging started, at least for a couple of minutes before it disconnected (grid still disconnected)

I checked the NS protection Log after it stopped charging and there was an error there referencing "ROCOF". I then took particular notice of the gen-sets frequency and it seemed to change quite quickly from 49.8Hz up to 50.4Hz.

Question, do AC input 1 and AC input 2 share the same grid settings when a country code is selected? To get my system to work correctly it would seem I need the grid compliant settings for AC Input 1 and more relaxed settings (or user configurable settings), especially frequency, for the generator on AC input 2.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try disabling the Lom settings for the AC2 in, this works for me most of the time

1635657191909.png

1635657191909.png (29.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.