Stephan Zillikens asked

Multiplus II: Parameter AC-Input control is misleaded

MultiPlusII 5kW /48V (charger is off)

Cerbo

4x Pylontech 2000C (BMS)

2x MPPT150/35

Solar 4kWp

Function: Independent solar power supply of a house

In the Multiplus II there are settings for AC-input control.
There is the parameter: "Disconnect when voltage higher then...".
However, this parameter does not refer to the AC input but to the AC output of the MultiPlusII. If this voltage value is exceeded, the MultPlusII switches off the AC output. If the voltage on the VE bus continues to rise, the AC output switches on again 0.2V later.

It is good if this error is corrected, because it leads to an undesired behavior of the MultiPlusII.
Thank you very much.
PS. My system, after many irritations and some annoyance, now meets all the requirements. Finally good!
Stephan
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@s_aus_castrop

The setting does refer to the ac input. It works on both the low and the high.

The victron syncronises to the grid input, so the input and output will match until it moves out of parameters, then it rejects the grid but does not shut down.

Something else is causing the multi to shut down.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stephan Zillikens avatar image
Stephan Zillikens answered ·

For three day I had a shut down at the AC-Output of the MultiPlus II, always when VE-bus voltage rises 50.00V (this value I set in this parameter). After changing the value to 60.00V and the VE-bus voltage isrising again there was no shut down everything works well. So I believe the parameter is not correct.victron-aus1.jpg

victron-aus1.jpg (56.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Ac output control and ve bus voltage are different voltages. One is for ac and one is for dc. That refers to your battery.

screenshot-20211024-191008.jpg

Since you have Pylontech you should be using their voltages the batteries are shutting down due to being overcharged if you are setting 60v. Use the linked page and set everything as recommended.

0 Likes 0 ·