question

gregp avatar image
gregp asked

BVM 702 not connecting with IPhone

Just bought a new 2021 trailer with a BMV 702 battery monitor, I have an I phone 11 with version14.8. Have down loaded the Victronconnect app all goes well until 95% when it just sits and spins. Have tried all of the suggestions in the manual, recycled power to the unit, made sure I was accessing unit thru the app and not blue tooth, and have restarted the phone. Still no pairing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Gregp

Can you please make a service report of the connection attempt and attach that to a reply or comment here?

The procedure for making a service report is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
powerace avatar image
powerace answered ·

I think it is only the BMV-712 that has Bluetooth. The BMV-702 is a unit without Bluetooth so you can't pair at all. Please check the specs of the unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gregp avatar image
gregp answered ·

Interesting as it shows up as a selectable device on the app and the phone Bluetooth recognizes it too. So am thinking it is Bluetooth compatible?

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

For bluetooth access it needs a smart dongle.

It has a VE port to connect to the GX, so it will appear as a device via the VRM tab but direct (local) access will need the blueteeth smart dongle.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-BMV-700-series-EN.pdf

2 |3000