question

lillevenn avatar image
lillevenn asked

Quattro Overload with noise

I had a good working single phase, stand alone Quattro 3kv, 3 months ago when I left my boat. When I tried to turn on the Quattro again after this 3 months, with no modifications, it makes a strange, frequency noise and switches to overload after some seconds, even with the AC out cables completely removed. I don't know what I can do.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
20211023-031221.mp4 (42.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@LilleVenn

Physically disconnect (both ac in and out -sorry you said you did but the video shows otherwise) all the wiring inside the quattro except the battery cables. check the battery cables for damage and terminal connections.

If it still makes that noise, there is nothing you can do but take it in for repair.

If it does not then it is a physical wiring problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lillevenn avatar image
lillevenn answered ·

@Alexandra

Thank you for your help

I really had disconnected the AC output (after the video) but I now disconnecdet all AC, but no sucess.

Even removing DC and reconnecting didn't change anything.

Now there will be the big challange to find someone here in Curacao who can repair a Quattro. Wish me luck :-) otherwise I have to clean the dishes by hand.

2 comments
2 |3000

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·
Is there any LED Code ... Or only the green LED ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@LilleVenn

What are your batteries like. Do they have a good charge in them?

If you connect ac in only does it accept the incoming power and change anything?

0 Likes 0 ·
Silvio Franceschini avatar image
Silvio Franceschini answered ·

@LilleVenn

Could you solve the "overload without load problem"?

Repair MP or exchange some parts?
I face the same issue. I guess the output capacitors are muddle through and cause the issue.

Thanks for your comment.

Freens

2 |3000