question

nkhofer avatar image
nkhofer asked

Orion-Tr DC-DC Converter Isolated - Remote on/off question

I have the non-smart version of the Orion TR 12-30 DC-DC Isolated charger in campervan. My positive input wire is connected to one of the open locations on the battery of a MB sprinter van. I have the input and output grounds going to a common negative buss that is grounded to the vehicle chassis.

I'm little unclear what to do with the jumper plug. From my understanding this model doesn't have the engine detection on mechanism so a wire form the ignition switch will need to be ran to it to tell it when to turn on? I currently have the jumper wire in and Blue Sea Systems battery on/off switch I have to turn off power to the auxiliary battery banks does not kill the power which indicates that my auxiliary system is getting 12v from my vehicle battery via the DC-DC charger because the jumper is in?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jeroend avatar image
jeroend answered ·

Correct. The jumper functions as a (closed) switch in your setup right now. You can change this, see the manual, to a real switch you can close at will, or via a relay or via the ignition contact or or or or endless possibilities.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.