question

baileyscott avatar image
baileyscott asked

Venus OS install tcpdump

Anyone know how I can install tcpdump on my Victron CCGX running VenusOS.

I've tried with opkg install <localfile> but it keeps failing with "does not have a compatible architecture".

I think I've tried every variant of processor architecture that exists!

Any ideas?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Isn't the CCGX an einstein board? You would need something compatible with the embedded architecture, I am sure someone here can confirm.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

I can confirm it is not an Einstein board.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·

This should do the job:

/opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/resize2fs.sh
# Note: the next line is only needed when not running a release, candidate is just an example. It should match with the firmware kind you are running.
/opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/set-feed.sh candidate
opkg update
opkg install tcpdump

The architecture doesn't matter, the device will know it itself. It is a cortexa8 in case you wonder.

2 comments
2 |3000

baileyscott avatar image baileyscott commented ·

Thanks @Jeroen. I persevered with this and eventually found that I had to install from ......

https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/packages/zeus/cortexa8hf-neon/

I managed to get tcpdump and it's dependencies.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ baileyscott commented ·

yes, but if you use the package manager (opkg), you don't have to care where it is downloaded from. It will just get installed if you ask for it.

0 Likes 0 ·