question

hanski avatar image
hanski asked

Generator and vacuum cleaner

Hi, I have an solarpower system in our summercottage in central Finland. I am planing to buy a multiplus C 12/2000 inverter charger. I have a Honda EZ2200 agregate, continous power of 2000 W. My battery bank is 12V/400Ah of two 12V AGM battery. I have three 275W polycrustal panels and Victron 150/85 mppt. When I have not enough power in my batteries and I would use the vacuum cleaner can I use the vacuum cleaner (1100W) of starting the Honda agregate? The agregate gives power enough but can the power go through the inverter direct to the vacuum cleaner and the "other" ampers go to charging the batteries? Or do I have to wait until the agregate has charged te batterybank enough for to use the vacuum cleaner?

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Hanski

The Multi will first satisfy the ac loads (vacuum), then use whatever power is left to charge the batteries.

But with low batteries at the same time you will likely need to set a limit on the ac input from the Honda, or you'll overload it. Something maybe around 7A at 230V, where you think it's 'comfortable' and doesn't strain to bring on the vacuum. The Multi is picky accepting struggling genset power, so you may need to experiment.

Hopefully you have access to the Multi settings..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hanski avatar image
hanski answered ·

Hi John,

great thanks about quick answering!

2 |3000