question

jochenv avatar image
jochenv asked

Quattro overheats while charging

Hi,

my Quattro 3000/24 recently started to show overheating alarm during charing and shut down for about 10 minutes to cool down again I guess. It's been running for about 6 years with no issues. I had a look inside and couldn't find anything obvious apart from a bit of dust. after cleaning it up I restarted the charging process with 50A at 24V, after about an hour it stalled again, reducing to around 38A lets me charge my batteries but that's no good for the generator.

What I notice is that the air coming out of the vents isn't really that warm and the fan is running.

I'm happy for any ideas on this! (The FW is about two years old)

Thx

Jochen

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basil katakuzinos avatar image basil katakuzinos commented ·

Have you contacted your Victron distributor, they might be able to help advise you on repairing the unit as I doubt this is a DIY fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
jochenv avatar image jochenv basil katakuzinos commented ·
thanks, I´ll give it a try. I was (am still?) hoping to be able to fix it without sending out the unit as it is our main power supply...
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Some more info as to why you say its a temp overload I presume its because the red temp light is on but what are the other lights doing - some pictures can help. is the unit connected to a GX device and is this connected to the internet and thus the vrm also can the unit supply its full 3000va output .

have you got week AC turned on in the internal settings when using VE configure.

also try adding a fan under the unit to increase air flow as the current fan may not be going at its normal speed or something

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.