question

apg avatar image
apg asked

Quattro 3000 No Pass Through

Hi. I'm new to this. I have two 3000 Quattros tethered together. On a recent (first) RV trip I plugged in shore power and nothing...no 240V from the distribution box. I had lots of yellow lights flashing incl the inverter light. I suspect the batteries are flat and the shore power, being input 2, will not charge the batteries, only the input 1 which is from the bus alternator. Is this a fair guess? And if so, why didnt the 240V shore power 'go through' and energise the system? Do the inverters 'shut down' in this scenario so input 2 isnt passed through? That was more disappointing as I had no vehicle power whatever despite being plugged in.?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Are the Quattros configured to work together (parallel or split-phase)?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

Did you connected shore power to both units?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

apg avatar image
apg answered ·

Hi. I'm in the UK and we dont really do the 'split phase' thing I believe. Therefore I believe they are parallel. There is only one land line in so I assume that power is connected to both units. They had identical alarms. Of note is that the remote panel (with the toggle switch) was not lit up either/looked like it was not operating? It was working previously (when I had battery charge). Ta.

2 |3000