question

mxride avatar image
mxride asked

Victron 3000 - In RV with 50AMP Shore and 2 Generators

Good afternoon, a bit of a newbie question here.

I have a Victron 3000 Multiplus and I'm looking to connect shore and 2 generators up.
I currently have a manual transfer switch that controls the shore and gen sets. All three come out of the manual transfer switch and all connect to the coach breaker panel. I assume I need to disconnect all 3 from the panel and wire into a junction box that will accept all 3 power sources and provide a single (1) output that would goto the Victron? (see attached photos)

My question is what is this device called and does Victron make something like this? I would like to wire up all 3 power sources so no matter which generator is running or shore power, my batteries get changed.

Thank in advance for your advice.

kind regards

1017211138.jpg

1017211138a.jpg

connection issue
1017211138.jpg (785.6 KiB)
1017211138a.jpg (506.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Looking at your first photo, there seem to be contactors in this box? If so, you have most of what is needed. you need to configure the drive to each contactor coil from it's AC source, but with some relay logic driven by the auxiliary contactor contacts to prevent energisation of the other two contactors once one is engaged. This will automate the process, while preventing the possibility of connecting any 2 sources together.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mxride avatar image
mxride answered ·

@Mike Dorsett , thanks for the reply.

Just wondering here, would I use a Qty 3 Single pole Contactors in the junction box (see photo) or Qty 1 3 Pole Contactor.

I'm assuming I would use Qty3 Single pole contactors but not sure. thanks in advance

2021-10-17-16-11-43.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic