question

windy avatar image
windy asked

Can you connect an Apple iPad Pro to a Multiplus 12/1600/70 for set up as I'm having problems.

I have just installed a Multiplus 12/1600/70 into my campervan. I have two 120ah L:ithium batteries. As I don't currently have a pc or laptop I just did the dip switch install and I'm not convinced its set up right. The inverter side is working fine. But the charging side I'm not too sure. The first time I tried it the batteries were about 90% full the charger kicked straight in. The fans sparked up. It charged for about five or ten minutes then the alarm light came on with the fans still running.

So I have run the batteries down and then tried charging again. This was a little more successful but as the batteries got full I was off to bed and didn't want to leave it turned on.

So the question is would I be better not using the charging side until I can set it up with the software as I am getting and Ipad pro. Will this be ok to use?? I hope this makes sense? It's the first time on the forum. Cheers.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

Hi @Windy

I had a very quick look, as far as I can tell your MP has a VE.Bus (only). If that's correct, you'll need a Venus device (if have the tech knowledge you can use a Raspberry Pi for that, if not you'll need a Venus GX or similar device). The VenusGX connects to your MP and in turn is connected to your wireless network to which your iPad is also connected.

I'd recommend you read/study the Victron documentation carefully to determine which components you need.

Good luck,
Jan

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

windy avatar image windy commented ·
Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The victron connect app allows some limited configuration but it also requires the mk3 USB dongle for this and I don't believe you can connect this to an apple lightning port. It works fine from a mac over a usb-c adapter.

If it was connected to a GX with remote access, you could use remote configure to download the config file but this would still need a windows device to open it with veconfigure.

2 |3000