question

hillbillybuddha avatar image
hillbillybuddha asked

Added multiplus 12/3000/30 and it is popping my main breaker

Just installed a multiplus 12/3000/30. I have not programmed the system yet.

Hooked up the battery (12v 400amp LiFePo4) Pos terminal > Class T fuse > Contactor > Manual On/Off Switch > Lynx Distributor Bus Bar > 400amp Class T fuse > Multiplus. (I'm planning on adding an On/Off Switch between the Multiplus and the Lynx but I haven't done so yet)

Neg Terminal > BMV-712 Shunt > Lynx Distributor > Multiplus

Shorepower 30a > Main Breaker dual bar 30a (ELCI and Reverse Polarity protection) > Multiplus > 3 GCFI outlets.

Once again, I have not programmed the Multiplus yet. I think I need to get the MK3 Ve.bus to USB.

When I turn on the Multiplus it trips the "main breaker" and switches to inverter mode. Inverter mode works fine.

The issue is, I need to charge my batteries. I don't want to drain new batteries without charging them. I was hoping that the Multiplus would charge from shorepower but it flips the main breaker after a few seconds.

I can't really go without power until I get the MK3 (3 days according to Amazon). I have a AC to DC charger that is made for LiFePo4 batteries. I was thinking of connecting it to the Lynx Distributor and running an extention cord from the dock (I'm on a boat) to charge the battery. I have a REC BMS.

A) do you think the AC to DC charger will work

B) do you think the problem with the main breaker flipping has to do with programming?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

What do you mean by main breaker? Is this the shore power input?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.