question

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV asked

Fronius Wattpilot in Victron+Fronius system

Hi.

Anyone has the experience having the Fronius Wattpilot installed into a hybrid system: Victron Multi/Quattro + Fronius Inverter + CCGX + pylontech batteries?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robertg66 avatar image robertg66 commented ·
I have the same question ;).
0 Likes 0 ·
robertg66 avatar image robertg66 commented ·

I noticed that the Fronius Wallpilot comes to market in the Q2 2022. I don't think many have tried it yet and we are to early. If you look at the pictures of the Wallpilot it looks very similar to the go-eCharger (https://go-e.co/produkte/go-echarger-home/) . Even the price is about the same. Maybe a common project?

I came to the conclusion to build something or to just wait. I will wait ;).

Take care,

Robert

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Anyone has this experience?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Wattpilot is already available. I ordered the 22kw model, I should get it next week. Based on the feedback from Fronius, it seems that neither they tested it within a hybrid system Fronius-Victron, so they cannot commit on the full functionality. Let me come back with an update after installation

2 |3000

Matze avatar image
Matze answered ·

Hello I've an ESS with Fronius Symo 8-2-3-M installed. Now i got the Fronius Wattpilot. I want to charge with the unnecessary power my car.

in the wattpilot i can pair with the Symo but it is not possible to activate it. In my configuration i use the EM24 but not the smart meter from the fronius could that be the problem?

1 comment
2 |3000

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·
Wattpilot and Ohmpilot need to know when there is extra available power. And therefore you need to install a Fronius Smartmeter. They cannot get this info from Victron. In my case I have the EM24 on the grid side, right after the general breaker, and a Fronius Smartmeter on the consumption side.
0 Likes 0 ·
tobedefined avatar image
tobedefined answered ·

Has anyone managed to make it work with only one Fronius Smartmeter? I know there are Python Scripts for Cerbo GX / Venus OS for Raspberry Pi so that Victron can control the power at the grid connection point to zero without the need of an EM24 and with only the measuring value of the Fronius Smartmeter. I already have a Fronius Smartmeter on the grid side and don't want to do any changes there.
However, i have huge concerns that if Wattpilot is trying to control the power with the same value, I think there might be a problem with both control loops if they both (ESS and Wallbox) try to reach zero feed-in measuring value of the Fronius Smartmeter if the "Eco Mode" is selected for Fronius Wattpilot and the Wallbox tries to charge the EV with PV surplus only.

I don't really need the extra ESS power from the battery during charging of the EV - the solar power from the Fronius Inverter is enough. I don't want to stress the battery just for charging the EV. It would suffice if ESS would only idle during charging of the EV battery.

So far this is only a theoretical question since i have not managed to build my whole ESS because the battery was missing and I have no experience yet if this will just work anyway.

2 |3000