question

johnny-brusevold avatar image
johnny-brusevold asked

BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 and bulk mode

Why does BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 go into bulk mode every morning, even though the battery voltage is high above the float voltage?

There are no high current starters that bring that voltage below the set float and bulk threshold of 0.1

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Wat does your mppt's history show?
0 Likes 0 ·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Min volt 13.22V to 13.23 last week.

Float volt is set to 13.20 and re-bulk voltage offset 0.1V

I have also tested with lower float voltage, as well as re-bulk at 0.2, latest firmware on all devices, loaded factory defaults, re-booted. Same result. This applies to all 3 mppt 100/30

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I thought that the MPPT started a new charge cycle when it started up in the morning, it does not remember the state it was in when it stopped charging the previous evening. If the battery voltage is below the absorption setting when it starts then it will go into bulk or absorption. I do not believe that there is any check against the float voltage at start up. The bulk threshold only applies once the controller is in float.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

You are probably right in your assumptions, but hoped it was not so.

Is it possible to use node-red to switch the mppt charger on and off at set voltage?

If not, I can connect the battery to the input on mppt :)

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell johnny-brusevold commented ·
Can't help with node red.
0 Likes 0 ·