question

guido avatar image
guido asked

BMV-702 Relay

Hi everybody,

the "Relay mode" setting of my BMV-702 (parameter 11) has three options;

• Charger mode
  • Remote

The last one, "Remote", is not listed in the manual so my question is; does anybody know the meaning and the function of this setting?

Thanks a lot,

Guido

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Hi.
It is to allow the relay to be controlled remotely via the serial port on the BMV.

Someone else asked here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1403/bvm-712-smart-relay-what-does-remote-do-not-in-doc.html

The manual is yet to be updated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

guido avatar image
guido answered ·

Hi,

thanks a lot. That means there already is or will be a (write only) command in the VE.direct protocol to control the relay?

2 |3000

chuff avatar image
chuff answered ·

Hi, after investigation i found the way to control the BMV relay from venus command line.

Assume that a BMV7xx is connected on VEdirect bus as port 2 (ttyO2 device):

Power ON : dbus -y com.victronenergy.battery.ttyO2 /Devices/0/VregLink SetVreg %0x034E 1

Power OFF: dbus -y com.victronenergy.battery.ttyO2 /Devices/0/VregLink SetVreg %0x034E 0

Please note also that the setup on the BMV is set as "Remote Control" with Victron Connect, you can force this setup with: dbus -y com.victronenergy.battery.ttyO2 /Devices/0/VregLink SetVreg %0x034F 2

2 |3000