question

jp299390 avatar image
jp299390 asked

BVM-712 will not pair with Apple 13 and IOS 15.0.1

My Victron 712 Smart Battery Monitor has always worked perfectly. Now that I have upgraded to an Apple 13 Pro Max the Victron ap on my iPhone needs to be paired with the 712. The ap finds the Victron unit and begins connecting. At about 80% it asks for a paring code. Unfortunately the 712 does not display a paring code. Have tried powering off, resetting, etc. So far no corrective action found. Hopefully someone knows the fix!

BMV Battery Monitor
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
The "pairing code" is the 6-digit PIN you programmed into the 712. Nothing is shown on the 712's display.
0 Likes 0 ·
jp299390 avatar image jp299390 Kevin Windrem commented ·
I appreciate your response. As far as I know the default pin for the 712 remains at the initial default of 000000 (six zeros). I tried this a few times. What concerns me is the 712 does not show up on my iPhone under Bluetooth prior to my paring attempts. I will take your advice and try it a few more times. Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
jp299390 avatar image jp299390 Kevin Windrem commented ·
Even though the paring process displayed on my iPhone in the Ap says to enter the paring code displayed on the BVM-712, I decided to try a few six digit codes I might have used if I had previously changed the default pin code. My fifth try was successful. Paring process completed and everything is back to the way it was before I upgraded my iPhone. My issue is now resolved!
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jp299390 avatar image
jp299390 answered ·

Even though the paring process displayed on my iPhone in the Ap says to enter the paring code displayed on the BVM-712, I decided to try a few six digit codes I might have used if I had previously changed the default pin code. My fifth try was successful. Paring process completed and everything is back to the way it was before I upgraded my iPhone. My issue is now resolved!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The text saying that you should enter the code shown on the BMV is just the default text from iOS not from VictronConnect.
0 Likes 0 ·
jp299390 avatar image jp299390 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thank you. I appreciate your response which now clears things up for me and makes me realize I should have realized that myself.
0 Likes 0 ·