question

jaca avatar image
jaca asked

Request to check the connection diagram SBP 220

First of all, sorry for my English. I am a beginner camper van builder and have a problem with the correct placement of the SBP. I have a question. Is it okay to connect all power sources to SBP 220 ??sbp-220.png
connection issue
sbp-220.png (159.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
the-doon avatar image
the-doon answered ·

The manual for the SBP says not to switch loads with capacitors on their inputs eg. inverters. You will need to wire it so that the SBP is used to switch the remote on/off rather than the main supply if you are installing one in your system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaca avatar image
jaca answered ·
could you suggest on the diagram how to solve it.
i would like to have several power options. MPPT, external source 230 through a charger and from an alternator through an isolated Orion Tr. Initially, I thought to connect everything through the busbar, but point 3 of the SBP instruction excludes such a connection."You will need to wire it so that the SBP is used to switch the remote on/off" -how to wire? what do you mean
2 |3000

the-doon avatar image
the-doon answered ·

Victron Energy Tech Talk episode 6 has just been released on YouTube and the second question answered is exactly what you are asking. Check it out.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic