question

seriusrod avatar image
seriusrod asked

Rpi4, no relays and IOs?

I'm sorry if this is already documented, but I just realized that I don't have the relays and IO menus in the Venus anymore. My rpi3 burned recently and I had to replace with a v4.
I can't find anything about it. Is there something needed to have them available?

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

There is probably no /etc/venus/gpio_list file (or it's empty).

I have a setup script that deals with this:

https://github.com/kwindrem/RpiGpioSetup

You need SetupHelper for this script to work:

https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper

I assume you have an I/O board of some kind. That may also need to be configured.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seriusrod avatar image seriusrod commented ·

Thanks for your help Kevin. I'm starting to think that it is intentional. If one tries to install the stock gpio node in node-red, it automatically gets deactivated.
That seems to be caused by missing components on the SO for driving the ports as it is registered in the log.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem seriusrod commented ·
The release notes for v2.80 beta covers remounting the root file system read-write. There's a link to the description of why this was done also. I doubt seriously if there is any intent to prevent enhancements. More likely it was an oversize or side effect of changes. That's what beta releases are for: to uncover problems before it's released to the general public. I'd make a detailed report in the thread about this beta release (it's a sticky).
0 Likes 0 ·
seriusrod avatar image seriusrod Kevin Windrem commented ·

Yes, that was too much on my part. RO filesystems are also good on sd cards.
BTW, I've been looking at you project and it's awesome. I would like to contact you for some questions, like how to turn active low all the relays, or adding things like aliases or custom drivers for other meters.
How I can write on on those? A github issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem seriusrod commented ·
email at kwindrem@icloud.com works
0 Likes 0 ·