question

sjoszti avatar image
sjoszti asked

Multiplus 12|500|20 Help

Bought a Multplus 12|500|20 for my Campervan install. Finally got it all hooked up neatly tucked away (with enough ventilation) under the drivers seat, and ready for first switch on... switch it to ' on' and after a couple of clicks and flashing LED's: nothing. After disconnect and reconnecting, still nothing, swithcing to charge just gives a solid alarm led. Is the unit DOA? The troubleshooting table in the manual does nog give a solution. Any tips?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

A few things come to mind to check:

Try powering up with no AC input and no AC loads. Unplug both from the Multi to make sure it's not a short in the wiring. If the Multi powers up, disconnect the AC power source and all loads and check the AC input and output wiring for shorts between all three terminals.

Check the DC voltage at the input to the Muilti and make sure it's within range.

Make sure DC wiring between the battery and the Multi are large enough and not over the max length (specs in manual).

You also may have loads that present too much of a startup current for this unit, or that is dragging down the battery voltage (at the Multi).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sjoszti avatar image
sjoszti answered ·

Thanks Kevin,

When I power up with no AC input and no AC loads, it does nothing.

The DC voltage is 13.4 V. So well within range. The cables are 16mm2 and around 1m long. (all according to specs)

There were no loads connected yet...

Any more tips, more than welcome

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
I'd say your unit may be DOA.
0 Likes 0 ·