question

digitaldvd avatar image
digitaldvd asked

EASY SOLAR FRONT PANEL LED STOPPED FLASHING SINCE SOFTWARE UPGRADE

I have a easysolar 12/1600/70 and at night when there is no solar generation the bulk blue led flashes every 10s or so.

What i have noticed now is that when charging in bulk mode the led stays on all the time and does not flash also the absorption and float stay on all the time during each sequence and no longer flash every 10s or so is it just me or is it due to the software change.as im sure they use to flash every 10s or so.

led
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Blue bulk flash is normal, means no solar input. Should stop flashing and turn on when bulk charging. Once bulk finishes, should switch to absorption then float. Only one of bulk/absorption/float should be on at any time. Only blue flashes.

At least that's the way mine has always worked.

Guessing the mppt update didn't work properly, or you got a buggy version.

Update:

I think you have a smart controller in your easy solar, mine does. The manual for that doesn't list other led meanings. However the manual for the non smart gives quite a lot. It also says that the full list for all devices is in the victron toolkit. Which is a free download.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I checked the toolkit. Same meaning for all light combinations on 3 led MPPT units, but can be dependant on setting of rotary controller.

Strongly suggest you check the app, you might have a problem, or have turned something on you didn't see want to. And LEDs can flash, but apart from blue you need to check the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Was this an inverter update? If so did you put the assistants back? They tend to be removed after a multiplus update. Restarting the GX would show under the ESS settings "no assistant installed" or something like that.

2 |3000

digitaldvd avatar image
digitaldvd answered ·

Thanks for the replys first answer yes understood about blue flashing if no solar all other seem ok maybe i was daydreaming i will also check the assistants. other than that all seems ok

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic