question

evillanueva avatar image
evillanueva asked

Lithium battery monitor by BMV + GX

I have an off-grid system using Multi and Pylontech batteries and a Color Control GX. It is installed in another building outside the house. The user wants to monitor the SoC of the pylon inside the house. I was thinking about using a BMV but I have some doubts since the real SoC is on the CCGX from the BMS:

• can I use a shunt for an independent SoC measurement? will this shunt affect in some way the BMS readings?
  • if no, can I connect the BMV to the CCGX and get the SoC data from the BMS and only read it at the BMV?

I have read in the ESS manual that using both SoC measurements can lead to a conflict, but they do not state why. So I am wondering if the conflict remains if I want the 2nd measurement only for display purposes instead of controlling as well.

By the way, there is no internet connection at the site, so monitoring through the VRM portal is not an option.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
evillanueva avatar image
evillanueva answered ·

no one can help me with this?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

You can add a BMV to the battery but do not connect it to the CCGX as the CCGX should only get it battery data from CAN bus.

You can locally monitor the CCGX by just typing in it's ip address. You could get a cheap tablet and just display the MDF app. http://CCGX-IP/app

2 |3000