question

thechad avatar image
thechad asked

Multiplus II 12 v 2x120 - Inversion Power Loss / Power Factor ???

Doing some testing today on a new install and I'm curious if my readings match what others are seeing... Measurements are from both the CerboGX as well as direct RMS readings via Multimeter.

AC Loads around 2400 - 2500W (I start seeing overload light come on around 2500)
DC Load (inverter only) around 3000W (250ADC @ 12VDC).

So, I'm seeing 16-20% power loss in conversion, which would make the power factor around 0.84 - 0.8?

Anyone else out there done similar measurements? Is the MPII power factor documented anywhere?

Thanks!

-chad

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The loads would determine the power factor when the MultiPlus is supplying he power. What is the power factor of the load?
This 3KVA unit is rated for a maximum continuous output of 2.4KW, so you are doing quite well at 2.5KW (assuming the load's power factor is 1).

As a charger, I observe my MultiPlus' load presenting a power factor of around 0.99-1 to the incoming grid power.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thechad avatar image thechad commented ·
The load is a 15KBTU RV AC unit plus other misc loads.... No idea what the load factor is.

But 2.4KW sounds about right... It was hovering between 2.4 and 2.5.

0 Likes 0 ·