question

bob-kones avatar image
bob-kones asked

Which Inverter/Charger for RV - 50 Amp

Hi guys!

I could use some pre-purchase help with my parents RV. It has no inverter. The RV has 30 & 50 Amp service. You can plug it into either. It also has an automatic transfer switch between shore power and generator.

We wanted a 3000 watt inverter so I was going to go with a Multiplus 12v/3000 (we have two 6v Trojan batteries configured as 12v)

BUT....from what I've seen this could be a problem with the 30 or 50 Amp service (depending on what you are plugged into).

So would it be better to use the newer Multiplus II 3000 ? Would this allow seamless operation whether plugged into 30 or 50 Amp service?

Your help is appreciated, the dealer does not even speak English well ! :)

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·
Just a note to consider: the multiplus 3000 is 3000 VA and 2400W, if you want to use 3000W continously, a more suitable unit is probably the 5000. The model numbers are Volt-Amps, not Watts.
0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw mrhappy commented ·

At 12V the largest MP II is 3kVA or a Quattro 5kVA.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Can you please elaborate a bit more on what do you mean by 30 & 50A services? How and what are they connected to?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.